Eric and I have a very long roadtrip coming up. I didn't think it was possible to drive so many miles and never leave the upper Midwest, but I stand corrected. When it is all said and done, we will drive 2,074 miles in 8 days.
Our jaunt begins next Saturday. We will drive from Winona to my parents house in Shabbona. We will stay the night there and enjoy mass and my birthday dinner. Early Sunday afternoon, we will drive from Shabbona to Alton, IL for my dental interview on Monday. I am very excited to take my time and explore the booming metropolis of Alton (population 30,000), which could very potentially be my future home. I am also looking forward to another birthday dinner with Eric and then sitting in the hot tub and relaxing. After my interview on Monday, we are driving the 8.5 hours from Alton back to Winona for class on Tuesday. I find this to be incredibly pointless, but Eric needs to be back for a specific class where attendance is mandatory.
Right after my Microbiology lab on Tuesday, we are driving back to Illinois for my eye doctor appointment on Wednesday. I am very excited to get new glasses :) We are then going to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and I get to participate in the annual free-for-all that is Black Friday. Eric is picking me up from DeKalb and we are driving straight through to Sioux Falls, SD for his family's Thanksgiving Saturday. After another self-stuffing, we will again be driving back to Winona, this time for the final time.
My theme for this driving extravaganza is our 2 people, 2 cars, 2000 miles
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment