Friday, November 14, 2008

Food

Whenever my family decides to get together, the first topic of conversation is always food. Never in my life have I encountered another group of people so devoted to eating, particularly so to the consumption of beef and pork products. My uncle bought a grill that is literally more of a commercial grade meat wagon, just to give you an idea.

The pinnacle of my family's annual culinary marathon is Thanksgiving. In most families, everyone will eat until they are uncomfortable and then push back from the table. In my family, it's an all-out gluttony fest that you have to strategize for. Eric is coming with me for the first time and everyone is eager to meet him and see how he stacks up. I think big things are expected for his appetite since he is a football player.

I love my family and I can't wait for Thanksgiving :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let the games begin!!