This past weekend was one of the best I have had in a long time. I got to go home a day early, go shopping with Mom, go golfing with Dad, and take a roadtrip with Margaret.
Margaret and I traveled to Alton last Saturday for my orientation. We left Margaret and Nathan's house in the wee hours of the morning and she was a very good sport about it, considering how much she likes mornings. We stopped in Normal for breakfast at Bob Evans. The orientation itself was largely uneventful, with the exception of learning that I get to wear scrubs all day every day next year and meeting a girl I am now going to live with.
After orientation, Margaret, Vanessa, her dad and I went to see an apartment and a house. We both fell in love with the house and are currently negotiating a lease with the landlord. The house is big enough so that we can both have our own areas while still being cozy. It has a beautiful big yard and the clincher for us was that it is only a block from campus. Also, the landlord is perfectly fine with Hedgie :)
After finding a new place and saying bye to the girl I will be living with, Margaret and I explored Alton. We were able to find the Confederate Cemetary, the McPike Mansion, and several other notable landmarks. We also took a picture of Margaret in Robert Wadlow's chair. It was a very enjoyable night and I had a blast just spending time with my sister.
We left Alton Sunday morning and began our odyssey to get Hedgie. She rode all the way back to Minnesota with me. Althought she was very shy yesterday, she is currently doing much better. She even peeked her head out at me today and walked around in her cage when we were in the room.

No comments:
Post a Comment