I know I said before that I wanted a hamster. Last week, Anne turned me onto a new animal for a pet...hedgehogs. Since then, I have spent at least an hour every day researching them and searching for my own little friend. It has been frustrating, but I feel like I am finally making progress. I have learned some valuable lessons along the way:
1. Hedgehog breeders are all crazy. I have only been in contact with two, one of whom was very rude and did not have the time of day for someone who wanted to buy something. The other breeder is incredibly spacey, having mislabeled two of her hedgehogs. She also takes a very long time to respond to email, which I find very frustrating.
2. Not all landlords are awful. I have had a horrible landlord this past year. Not only is the house in such disrepair that I am sure it is not up to code, but she also roundly ignores me since she has rented the house for next year. Eric's landlord, on the other hand, is not only more amiable, but has agreed to let a hedgie live at Eric's house for the end of the year.
3. Generally if you really want something, it tends to be a lot of work. I have been doing a lot of legwork to try to secure a hedgie for myself, not to mention doing all the research on habitats and feedings.
Wish me luck...I put in an offer on a hedgie this morning and hope to hear back soon. :)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ms. Dicky Prickles!!!!
Post a Comment