
I found out yesterday afternoon that Eric and I are going to be the proud owners of our very own hedgehog a week from Sunday. Our little girl is a chocolate pinto and she has one white spot on her side. She is apparently very docile and loves to be held.
As soon as I found out that we got her yesterday, I ordered her a sleep sack and a little tent to hang out in. I am told that they are somewhat private animals and sometimes like to hide. I also have a snuggle pouch on the way so that I can carry her around so she gets used to my scent.
After Eric's football meeting tonight, we are going to go shopping for all her supplies. Instead of buying a cage, we are going to build one out of stackable wire cubes and some board to make sure she doesn't try to get out. Don't worry, I have seen several of these cages in a blog and apparently the hedgies love them and they are very safe if done properly. We are also getting her food bowls, a water bottle, a thermometer for her cage (they are very temperature sensitive) a traveller, a wheel, some food, and some material with which I am going to make cage mats (more cost and environmentally effective than buying litter). I have also found out that they are very litter trainable, so we will also be getting a tiny litter box for her.
I am very excited to pick her up and finally have my very own pet :) It makes Eric and I feel more like a family

1 comment:
Yay, hedgie! Yay!
Post a Comment