This week since last Friday has been a very good week. I was told that a 1200 on the GRE would pretty much guarantee me admission to any graduate program of my choice and I managed to score a 1350. In a world where most are thrilled to get 1000, I guess that's pretty good. One of the oddities about the GRE, however, is how skewed the grading is. Although I did better number-wise on the math section, my percentile rank was better on the English because so many people do perfectly on the math and horribly on the English. I guess it's a good thing I have such a literary family...
I also received some unexpected and great news from one of my dental schools. My top choice, Southern Illinois University, contacted me and granted me an interview. I was freaking out in the middle of a tutoring session and the poor tutee probably thinks I'm insane. The real kicker is the interview is on the morning of my 22nd birthday, which must be a sign from above that it will work out.
A week ago, I was not sure if any program, graduate or otherwise would want me, but all of a sudden, I seem to have a plethora of options. I am very grateful and will hopefully have much to consider in the coming weeks and months.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment