I have played a lot of games in my life...softball, volleyball, golf, Academic team...etc., but never have I been involved with a game nearly as frustrating the waiting game I am now involved in. My professional ambition since I was a freshman in high school is to be a dentist. I came to college and pursued my dream through numerous impossible classes, scores of hours in the library, and thousands of dollars worth of books and lab fees. Having come through mostly unscathed, I applied to dental schools last spring and now I sit and wait. At first, I was very relieved that everything was finally out of my hands, but now I find it maddening. I have cheerleaded 3 of my peers through dental interviews while in the back of my mind thinking, "Why not me? What is wrong with my application?"
The past few weeks have brought me somewhat of a sense of calm. I have spent countless hours mulling over my situation and my options and have decided to also actively pursue admission to grad school. Having always been a person who believes that everything happens for a reason, I have made the resolute decision that if I do not achieve admission to a dental school during this cycle, then it is not something that is meant to happen for me. I will pursue my opportunities at graduate school and never look back.
It's amazing how far life can take you from where you started...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment