Sunday, February 14, 2010

Peace

Ever since Eric started going to RCIA in September, I have found myself becoming a better and better Catholic because of him. He asks me questions and I am often ashamed to realize that I don't know that much about the religion I have been part of these 23 years.

I found a church in Alton that I really like. This is the first time that this has happened since I left for college 5 years ago. Although the congregation is big, it feels personal and cozy. I think this has a lot to do with the priest, Fr. Michel, who truly emanates the Holy Spirit. He even calls us all his beloved. It just makes Mass more enjoyable.

When I get back from Mass on Sundays, I feel so peaceful. I just hope that this continues to carry me through the week.

No comments: