There is something about the fall that never ceases to raise a feeling of nostalgia in me. Perhaps it's because of good times past, a yearning for simpler times, or just plain wanting to be surrounded by the warmth of family as the days grow cooler.
The days fly by in Alton. I can't believe we are at the end of September and I am a week and a half away from my midterm. I guess there is something to be said for being incessantly busy.
Life has changed a lot for me in the last month and a half. I have made new friends, drifted away from college pals, and found my own niche here in the land of the South (although my body is still rejecting it in the form of exercise-induced asthma and sneezing fits every day).
I guess that is the one constant in life...time presses on. At least I have the wonderful memories of all the falls I have shared with family and friends to keep me warm on the nights that get cold.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree, fall has always been a time for getting decorations out and thinking about Trick or Treating when you guys were little.
Post a Comment