After careful thought and considerable research, I have decided to get a hamster for my next home in Alton. I would love to have a dog, but it wouldn't be fair to it because my busy schedule would keep me away from home too often. I would also like to have a cat, but that is out because of Eric's severe cat allergy. So, I have settled on a hamster.
Mostly I want a pet because I know that next semester will be hard. I have to move to a new place where I don't know anyone and start all over again. Although I know that this will be exciting, I am also a little nervous and I think having something to come home to at the end of the day would help comfort me.
I have decided that I will name my hamster Perry. I think it's a cute name and also, I wanted a human name so if I do happen to be talking to him and my neighbors hear, no one will think that I am completely crazy. I have been investigating all the neat hamster accessories there are to get and have fallen in love with a little exercise ball encased in the body of a race car. I think I will get Perry a yellow one.
I have also taken into careful consideration the advice of people I know who have already had these delightful rodents as a pet. On my sister Margaret's advice, I will be getting him a wire cage instead of plastic, since wire is harder to escape from.
And yes, Mom....I know that they are nocturnal, which is why I will keep his cage in the living room :)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I seriously don't know how Checkers got out as often as he did. But he did, out of his cage, off the dresser safely, and onto my bed in the middle of the night. I swear he had superpowers.
I will squeeze him and pet him and call him Gus!
Post a Comment