Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Limbo

No..this is not some cheesy story about how far I can bend myself in order to try to fit under a bar. It's a story about how I feel these days.

This is by far the oddest semester I have ever had. For the first time since high school, I have time during the week to do things that I enjoy, such as reading for pleasure, working out, swimming, and just plain having fun with friends. Having taken 18 credits for as long as I can remember, this semester feels as though I am hardly doing anything.

I am also in a very awkward social limbo. As you know, I am attending dental school in the fall in a town 9 hours south of where I currently reside. This in itself is both scary and very exciting to me. I love meeting new people and making fresh beginnings. At the same time, however, it leaves me very torn. I am leaving behind a lot of people I care about in Winona, including Eric, Anne, the girlies, and treasured friends. This semester has rapidly become a social balancing act, trying to spend as much time with people as possible. I feel as though the clock is ticking on my time here and I need to squeeze so many things in...

No comments: