Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lessons

There is a theory that says that your great loves should be those that shake you to your core and change you so that after them, you are never the same person. I have known for about 2 years that Eric is my one and only great love, but it wasn't until last night that I realized just how he has really changed me.

Of course, Eric's most obvious lesson to me has been how to open up, trust someone else, and let them love you again. For those that know me well (pretty sure there are only a handful of people that read this anyway LOL), you know that before Eric I had a painful, albeit useful relationship that made me grow up and learn a lot about myself, mostly in the way that it ended. That is the hallmark of a good relationship: when you learn the valuable lessons.

I have never met anyone so comfortable in their skin and sure of who they are as Eric. This is the man who had a ridge of hair that he missed when buzzing his head one time and instead of getting the razor back down, he simply walked around with the ridge for the next two weeks. I think that this is a trait to be admired.

Before Eric, I was the type of person who was obsessed with what other people thought. If I thought someone was mad at me, I would lose sleep at night. Somewhere along the road of our relationship, I have learned to be more like Eric. Things roll off me now that would have bothered me before and I am a healthier person because of it.

Thanks Boo. I love you :)

No comments: