Friday, January 2, 2009
An Eaton Epidemic
My house is currently under siege. The culprit, Influenza A, caused by that lovable virus Haemophilus influenzae. This is how it all shakes out: Mom and I managed to escape unscathed because we had the wonderful illness last week, so our active immunity is doing its job and keeping us able to help everyone else. Eric was the first to get really sick, quickly followed by Seb, starting at about 1 am this morning. From that point on, it was a dosi-do as the two of them jockeyed for the bathrooms. Around 3:30 this morning, Anne also took sick. This in itself is a rarity because she is always the one that remains healthy due to her robust immune system. She is currently looking anything but robust now, as she lays belly up on the couch with her cold wash rag across her forehead. After making sure Anne was going to be OK, I headed upstairs to get a quick nap, only to be bowled out of my path by my Dad running for the bathroom. That's when I knew that all hope was lost for sleep tonight. I am now going on 24 hours without sleep. My only weapons against this unwelcome invader: my immunity and my Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, which I am considering rigging a holster for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love that you can wax rhapsodic about the flu.
Post a Comment