
This past Monday was what we pre-dents affectionately refer to as D-Day...to us, it means Decision Day. December 1st is the agreed upon date that any dental school can first notify an applicant of their acceptance. Myself and 3 of my classmates definitely walked on eggshells this weekend.
Monday morning came around and my friend Holly found out that she had been accepted at the University of Michigan. I was thrilled for her, but, being the perfectionist she is, she was not happy until she had received the good tidings of her admission to the University of Minnesota, her first choice.
I had pretty much given up on hearing the first day so I decided to take a nap at about 2:30. I was awaken by Eric telling me that my phone was ringing. My heart went straight to my throat when I looked at the number and saw that it was a strange area code from Illinois. I answered the phone and the voice on the other end told me that I was accepted to Southern Illinois University School of Dentistry's Class of 2013. I didn't hear anything after that and immediately started crying.
That's right, ladies and gents, this time next year, I will be happily tucked away in Alton, IL, a Cougar :)

No comments:
Post a Comment