Friday, December 5, 2008

Contemplative

Today was my last day of classes for my final fall semester as an undergrad. I feel I have become far more wise these past three and a half years, particularly on a few matters.

Firstly, I have learned a lot about other people. John F. Kennedy said it well when he said "Always forgive your enemies, but remember their names." When I first went off to college, I had been lulled into a false sense of security about human nature by having grown up in such a small town. I thought I could trust people, which I have learned to be an erroneous line of thinking. If ignorance is bliss, I am happy that I have lived and learned.

I have also learned a lot about myself. I thought I pretty much had myself figured out, but I have changed a lot these past 7 semesters. I have learned that I am far more assertive than I ever thought I was. I always saw myself as far more shy than I have found myself to be. I have also discovered that I have a bad temper, which is something my family has been telling me my whole life but I never really saw in myself. As part of my growing up, I have also learned to control my temper...at least somewhat better than I used to.

I have become much more comfortable in my own skin these past 7 years and am much happier with the person who has emerged.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please don't write in yellow on a white background....aah my poor eyes!