Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Small Things

Being as busy as I tend to be, I have to remind myself to stop and smell the roses...or more appropriately this week, the peonies. They are in full bloom right now and are beautiful, as long as you don't get too close and pick up some pesky ants.

Life slows down in small towns. Instead of the hustle and bustle of the city where people will climb over each other to arrive somewhere 5 minutes earlier, people still stop to chat here. Just tonight on my customary walk with Mom, we stopped and chatted with the woman who changes the town message board, for no reason at all. It's nice. It's also the reason Eric and I will settle in a smaller, more close-knit community when the time comes.

It's nice to be home and be able to catch my breath before the 4 year barrage coming at me ensues.

1 comment: